The Power Of Turmeric For Glowing Skin
By Vignesh Devraj
The golden spice of all times, the splendid root of Curcuma longa, known as Haridra in Sanskrit. Traditionally turmeric has been a large part of Indian cuisine largely given as medication for weight control, poor digestion, cutaneous and gastrointestinal inflammation. Turmeric has also been a large part of Indian cosmetology largely as a skin rejuvenating.
Many of us aspire to have beautiful skin. Most of us, realistically, have at least one or two skin issues. When it comes to our skin, we all have objectives, whether it’s hormonal outbreaks, excess oil, or fine wrinkles. While there is no such thing as “perfect” skin, it is likely possible to significantly improve the health and appearance of your skin.
If you’re having trouble with speckled blemishes and are on the go for finding a perfect herbal whitener, then Ayurveda is here to help you with the power of turmeric!
- Helps to remove dark spots
- Has anti-inflammatory action
- Helps to whiten the skin naturally
- Improves overall skin health and glow
Achieving the perfect balance between health and beauty is the new goal of society, but being a member of the fast-paced life, speckled blemishes and gradual skin pigmentations are everyone’s concern. With the constant turmoil we all have to face while living amidst our very busy schedule, with absolutely no time for a skincare routine and a totally wrong sleep-wake cycle, knowingly or unknowingly our skin is to suffer through all this. Skin is the most superficial layer of the body that has to deal with all the dust and soot in the air. It’s at times like this you skip your skincare and all the underlying dirt surfaces as endless blemishes and skin blotches.
In Ayurvedic science, the cause for all maladies arises from two parameters, the external world and the situation of your world inside you. According to the science of Ayurveda, the skin is the first byproduct of the food we consume. So all the irregularities in your diet will first be reflected on your skin for sure. It is in times like this you need to look out for products that help to clean from within as well from outside. This is where the power of the golden spice Turmeric comes your way.
Turmeric For Your Support
Turmeric has an astringent to hot flavor (Katu- Kashaya Rasa) with the same metabolic end effect (Katu Bipolar) and a piercing property (Tikshna Guna). These factors when combined with its hot potency (Ushna Virya) it acts as an excellent digestive internally, while benefiting the skin externally.
Its hot potency and mild abrasive action (Lekhana) help to impart skin whitening abilities. Turmeric has a strong anti-inflammatory (Sotha hara Karma) action that does wonders in skin lesions and other systemic dysfunctions like arthritis. The Curcumin content of turmeric is the main phytoconstituent that has the exceptional ability to impart a natural glow to your skin. Being members of the same family, Ginger and turmeric have over 20 benefits lined up to enhance the overall general health of an individual.
The potent antioxidant effect of turmeric helps to oxidize the dirt and soot accumulations on the skin, giving you your dream skin texture without blemishes and blotches. Turmeric powder for skin is a traditional application used by females of the older generations for all complaints pertaining to the skin.
How To Incorporate Turmeric
The intelligent use of turmeric powder in sweet or savory dishes in everyday life is a simple yet important method to imbibe the goodness of turmeric without intentional consumption. Maybe a honey and turmeric drizzle over your favorite lemon tart or the supreme hue of yellow in your colors will also do the trick for internal administration. Those who wish to take a step higher may consume turmeric powder with honey or butter as advised by your Ayurvedic physician.
Externally simple lepa or paste made of, turmeric and rosewater or turmeric and aloe vera gel may be used to get rid of skin ailments. But remember all skin types are different and do consult your Ayurvedic health care practitioner before self-application.
Turmeric Capsules To Guide You
Its benefits are:
- Improves skin complexion : Curcumin the chief component in turmeric is the main factor that penetrates to the underlying cells and improves skin complexion. Its scraping action (Chedana karma) helps to remove the accumulation of bodily endotoxins (Doshas) that cause all the pigmentation, leaving you with better clearer skin. It helps to get you your innate skin complexion.
- Reduces pigmentation on skin: Recent researches done on this field do show positive results for acne, atopic dermatitis, alopecia and other skin ailments with great improvement in the skin complexion at the affected site. Generally, individuals who incorporate turmeric in their diet have shown better skin texture with reduced skin blotches.
- Has anti-inflammatory action: Cyclocurcumin, yet another important chemical constituent in turmeric gives its anti-inflammatory action.. Its minute yet penetrating action when consumed reaches the site of the lesion and gradually reduces the accumulation of tissue fluid at the site of inflammation.
- Powerful with antioxidant action: The common spice of turmeric has proved to show signs of antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, antineoplastic action as well. The ethanolic extract of turmeric has shown better antioxidant action than the aqueous extract. This property helps to remove the accumulation of free radicals in the system and reduces all possibilities of neoplastic formation.
Your Safety Is Our Prime Concern
Being a pretty string herb with piercing action, the following category of individuals are requested to consult your Ayurvedic physician before incorporating turmeric internally or externally.
- Individuals with frequent allergic skin reactions
- Individuals under medication for skin maladies
- Children under the age of 5 years
- Pregnant women and lactating mothers
Health and beauty are not two sides of the coin, but the same side of a coin that needs true mending. The time-tested goodness of Ayurveda still has magnificent results in the lives of all individuals. The thoughtful incorporation of Ayurveda in your diet, lifestyle, and as supplements to boost your health will have an immense effect on your wellbeing.
The choice of healthy living is in your hands!