Is Panchakarma a detox ?
Is Panchakarma a detox?
Calling panchakarma a detox is an over-simplified explanation. Yes, there is an element of detox to it, but it’s also so much more than just a detox.
Let’s take a look at some of the obvious benefits of panchakarma.
- It enhances your metabolism.
- It eliminates toxins that are lodged in your body in different sites.
- It improves your immunity.
- It reduces your tendency of falling sick again.
- It improves your emotional wellness, your ability to focus, and you feel light and energetic in your body.
- If you have digestive issues, it resets your digestive power to a great extent.
- It improves your overall well-being and vitality also.
Does it have an element of detox? Yes.
It cleanses and flushes the accumulated toxins in your body, but does so on a cellular level and resets the patterns of your body. It is a life-changing experience.
In South India, we have a saying – when a cat gets hurt with boiling water once, she gets burned every time she sees water. Basically, the memories of these burns will come back and haunt the cat every time she sees water.
The same thing happens with our bodies. The abuse we inflict on our bodies through sugar addiction, alcohol, milk, drugs or anything that your body is sensitive to, is stored in your body’s memory. Even a mild exposure or any reminder of the substance to the body could lead to hypersensitivity and provoke the body. Panchakarma helps in resetting the body’s unhealthy memories that prevent the individual from living a healthy life. Some people are on immunosuppressants or steroids to keep suppressing this hypersensitivity of the immunity, whereas panchakarma helps to address the root cause and partners with your immune system.
Panchakarma is something you have to do only under a qualified medical doctor who knows how to understand your body and carry out the therapy efficiently.
So, to call panchakarma a mere detox is a limited understanding. Yes, it has all the elements of detox, but goes beyond that and gives you a life-changing experience.